General framework of the training offer
This Master programme aims to develop scientific and technological knowledge on materials and structures in both the public works and industrial sectors. It is characterized by a high degree of scientific specialisation. The programme focuses on the following specialised areas: numerical modelling, constitutive laws, structural reliability, advanced experimental techniques, durability, modern concrete, geomechanics and earthquake engineering.
This Centrale Nantes programme of study lasts two academic years – denoted by M1 and M2. The language of instruction is English. This Master’s programme is accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
Two tracks are on offer in the M2 year. This means that students follow a set number of core courses and then have a choice of three courses from either track 1 or 2.
The programme focuses on the following specialised areas: numerical modelling, constitutive laws, geotechnical engineering, physical modelling…
Specific contribution to MRE
The civil engineering can concern the MRE, for example through the port structures and the fixed and floating foundations…
- Organize and carry out research work to understand a physical phenomenon or a new problem in civil engineering
- Organize, complete and validate an engineering approach to address a specific problem
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Act with professionalism, be rigorous and autonomous
- Identify models, perform simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project