This Université de Nantes Testing platform in marine environment has the capacity to test all materials (composites, concrete, iron, …) in simulated natural and accelerated condition for: deep sea, immersion area, splash and tidal zone and spay area, coupled with mechanical loading (abrasion and static or cyclic loading).
- Multiscale and Multiphysics (coupled or un-coupled) effects including climatic and mechanical effects
- Accelerated and natural conditions for testing in marine environment
- 9 controlled climatic chambers covering a large panel of marine environments: 5 for Temperature (-70+180°,600 L; 25°C – 300°C, 52 l; 25°C- 250°C, 30l; 2x(25°C- 250°C, 25l), 3 Humidity and Temperature (–60°C / + 180°C, 10% RH / 98% RH), (size 700 l, –10°C / + 100°C, 10% RH / 98% RH), 1 Salt Spay (T 20° – 75°C, Cl- (0,4 l Salt/h), RH, 1130 l).
- 2 large scale tidal basins (2 of 0.5 x 3 x 0.3 m): control of salinity, measure of T and a set of small scale boxes.
- 1 big scale tidal basin (1m x 4m x 2 m) : control of salinity, wind, measure of T.
- One hyper-bar sea-water and mechanical testing caisson for deep water (until 100 m): 400l.
- Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA) in humid and immersed environments and coupled Transfer-Mechanical testing.
- A set of commercial or lab-developed optical sensors, electric gauges and all the corresponding devices including high-resolution image processing, Gas Permeameter (range 10-13 m2 to 10-20m2), Permeameter Torrent for non destructive testing of permeability, cells (x10) of chloride natural diffusion or electrical migration.
- Destructive and non destructive testing of composite blades, concrete samples, iron or steel samples, in immersed, tidal environment;
- Propagation of chlorides in materials;
- Test of new repair materials.
Example of MRE applications
- Testing of coupons and composite blades submitted to diffusion and loading processes
- Propagation of chlorides in concrete for wharves and fixed or floating wind turbines.