General framework of the activity
We are an engineering company offering cutting-edge consultancy in high-technology and innovation. D-ICE ENGINEERING is extremely specialized in offshore engineering and marine platform control.
Specific skills in the MRE field
- Multibody modeling with robotics formalism, coupled with hydrodynamics interactions and large deformation cable models
- Marine platform control & dynamic positionning expertise
- Machine’s control optimization in order to increase performances and lifetime
Test facilities applicable to MRE
- Complex hydrodynamics modelisations (with FRyDoM tool)
- Advanced and acurate sensors (IMU, GPS, bathymetry, etc)
- Marine platform
Products or services in MRE
- Simulation of marine operations
- Expertise and commitment for DP systems review and design of marine operations
- Machines’ performance optimization
Projects in MRE
FRyDoM: development of an innovative and disruptive framework for the simulation of complex dynamic systems for Marine Renewable Energies.
SOFTWIND: Development of an experimental platform dedicated to the model testing of floating wind turbine in a wave basin through a software-in-the-loop approach
ECOSFARM: Development of a simulation tool for the evaluation of the control strategies of tidal and wind turbine farms.
cRIO-EMR: An embedded controller for a real time management of servo controls on MRE models tested at Centrale Nantes hydrodynamic facilities.