General framework of the activity
As a global leader in low-carbon energy, the EDF Group covers every sector of expertise, from generation to trading and transmission grids. EDF builds on the expertise of its people, its R&D and engineering skills, its experience as a leading industry operator and the attentive support of its customers to deliver competitive solutions that successfully reconcile economic growth with climate protection. EDF has been working on harnessing marine energy since 1966 with its La Rance tidal power plant in Brittany, France.
EDF Renewables is a leading renewable energy player in the world with development, construction and operation activities in onshore and offshore wind, marine energy and solar power.
EDF Renewables brings the EDF Group’s ambitions to renewable energies.
Specific skills in the MRE field
A recognized actor in renewable energies, EDF Renewables has been developing expertise in offshore wind power for several years through projects in development or operation, contributing to the birth of an industrial sector in Europe. Internationally, EDF Renouvelables is taking positions in new markets, mainly in the United States and China.
To date, EDF Energies Nouvelles has a team of more than 500 people specializing in Marine Renewable Energies.
Projects in MRE
EDF Renouvelables is present in four offshore wind farm projects in France.
- Saint-Nazaire offshore wind farm (Loire-Atlantique) Visit the website (under construction)
- Fécamp offshore wind farm (Seine-Maritime) Visit the website (under dévelopment)
- Courseulles-sur-Mer offshore wind farm (Calvados) Visit the website (under dévelopment)
- Dunkerque offshore wind farm (Nord) (under development)
EDF Renewables is also developing Provence Grand Large, a floating wind turbine project in Fos-sur-Mer.
- Offshore wind farm at Teesside (62 MW) in operation since 2013
- Blyth offshore wind farm (41.5 MW) in operation since 2017
- Acquisition of offshore wind power project Neart na Gaoithe, 450 MW
- C-Power offshore wind farm (325 MW) in operation since 2009
- Maintenance of a 400 MW offshore wind farm via REETEC, our subsidiary specializing in the installation and maintenance of offshore wind projects
- Acquisition, via REETEC, of Offshore Wind Solutions GmbH (OWS), which specializes in the maintenance operation (O & M) of wind farms at sea.
- Acquisition of shares in two offshore wind projects, for a total capacity of 500 MW
- Creation of a joint venture for the development of an area of potential 2,500 MW off New Jersey