General framework of the activity
FMGC is the European leader in the manufacture of cast iron counterweights.
Our customers serve the global construction, material handling, agricultural and nautical markets.
In 2015, the company diversified its activities into the renewable marine energy markets.
Recently, FMGC has started to offer urban security solutions.
Specific skills in the MRE field
- Design, manufacture and sale of a wide variety of cast iron products.
- Specific development of a range of shells to protect & ballast submarine cables.
- Own development of a range of clump weight for anchoring lines.
Test facilities applicable to MRE
- Lifting test bench.
- Tensile and bending test bench of the protecting shells for submarine cables.
- Tools for the analysis of submarines equipments stability.
Products or services in MRE
- Grey iron ballast for gravity bases and floating structures.
- Components in grey iron of anchoring lines such as clump weight and gravity anchors.
- Stabilizing submarine cables components such as shells to protect & ballast and gravity anchors/deadweight/pipe bridge/weighting saddle.
Projects in MRE
- IBOCS – Validation of a design of shells to protect & ballast submarine cables. Project supported by S2E2 in partnership with INNOSEA and the GeM Laboratory from Nantes University.
- CLUMP WEIGHT – Determination of a resilient design for offshore, notably for the floating offshore wind market.