General framework of the activity
FMGC designs, manufactures and sales cast iron ballast solutions for the Public works, Sailing, Agriculture, Renewables Energies, etc.
Specific skills in the MRE field
- Design, manufacture and sale of a wide variety of cast iron products.
- Specific development of a range of shells to protect & ballast submarine cables.
- Own development of a range of clump weight for anchoring lines.
Test facilities applicable to MRE
- Lifting test bench.
- Tensile and bending test bench of the protecting shells for submarine cables.
- Tools for the analysis of submarines equipments stability.
Products or services in MRE
- Grey iron ballast for gravity bases and floating structures.
- Components in grey iron of anchoring lines such as clump weight and gravity anchors.
- Stabilizing submarine cables components such as shells to protect & ballast and gravity anchors/deadweight/pipe bridge/weighting saddle.
Projects in MRE
- IBOCS – Validation of a design of shells to protect & ballast submarine cables. Project supported by S2E2 in partnership with INNOSEA and the GeM Laboratory from Nantes University.
- CLUMP WEIGHT – Determination of a resilient design for offshore, notably for the floating offshore wind market.