EWTEC 2019 represents the 13th and the latest in the bi-annual scientific conference series of the European Wave and Tidal Energy (EWTEC) community, the first being in 1973. The conference will be held for the first time in Italy, at the beautiful city of Napoli.
EWTEC 2019 will provide the needed platform and the meeting point between experts and world-class companies in the marine renewable energy sector. It will involve the participation of about 700 delegates from 35 different countries.
This includes universities, research centres and industry active in the marine renewable energy sector. The conference will have facilities for exhibitors, workshops and side events and will present an exciting platform for the wave and tidal energy community to interact and network.
The thematic tracks of EWTEC 2019 are:
- Wave / tidal resource characterization.
- Wave / tidal device development and testing.
- Wave / tidal hydrodynamic modelling.
- Grid integration, PTO & control.
- Station keeping, moorings and foundations.
- Structural mechanics – materials, fatigue, loadings.
- Environmental impact and appraisal.
- Operations, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Economical, social, legal and political aspects of ocean energy.