The High Capacity Injection Unit, an IRT Jules Verne test facilities:
- This equipment allows the injection of Epoxy & Vinylester liquid resins for large dimensions parts (several meters) with a flow of 5 liters / minute.
- 2 independant circuits for each kind of resins (avoid any risk of mixing).
- Unique tailored-made machine, fitted to MRE needs.
- L x W x H 6 m x 3 m x 2.5 m
- 5 liters/min
- Fuel injection systems
- Six injection circuits (6 resin circuits and 6 catalyst / hardener circuits)
- Type resin and storage capacity
- Epoxy : 2 thermo tanks 300L
- Vinylester and polyester: 1 thermo-tank 300 L and 1 thermo-tank 50L
- Remote control panel
- Secured area with access control
- R&D: Support in the design of large parts by infusion and RTM
- Tests: Realization of demonstrator parts and pilot production
Example of MRE applications
One shot manufacturing process for tidal blades