The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) is the national trade association for the U.S. wind industry. With thousands of wind industry members and wind policy advocates, AWEA promotes wind energy as a clean source of electricity for American consumers.
Offshore wind is still a young industry in the U.S., but that’s rapidly changing. States up and down the East Coast have upped the ante in their offshore wind commitments, and there’s also significant action on the West Coast and in the Great Lakes.
AWEA is focused on reconstructing the 2020 Offshore WINDPOWER Virtual Summit to create a valuable and successful online experience allowing you to connect during this critical time in the offshore wind sector. Participants will have available live presentations, on-demand sessions, matchmaking, a marketplace of product & service providers, and unique shared social experiences.
All educational content will be virtual. All exhibits will also be available in a virtual marketplace.
This important industry event has cultivated a dedicated and thriving global community of top developers and experts, making it one of the largest and most successful gathering of offshore wind energy professionals in the United States. AWEA’s 2019 event hit capacity with nearly 1,300 attendees between the two days of the conference, and over 75 exhibitors. As more steel goes in the water, this event will only continue to grow in value and scope.
Access these exciting speaker presentations and more when you register to join us October 13-14:
- Ali Zaidi, Deputy Secretary to Governor Cuomo & Chairman of Climate Policy and Finance
- Rear Admiral Tim Gallaudet, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere, Deputy Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Daniel Simmons, Assistant Secretary for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, US Department of Energy
- Walter Cruickshank, Acting Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- John Lavelle, President & CEO, Offshore Wind, GE Energy
- Ed Saade, President, Fugro USA
- Siri Kindem, President, Equinor Wind US
- David Hardy, President & COO, US Offshore Wind, Orsted
- Chris Hart, President& Managing Director, Atlantic Shores
- Mark Mitchell, Vice President of Generation Construction, Dominion Energy
- Michael Brown, CEO, Mayflower
- Lars Thaaning Pedersen, CEO, Vineyard Wind
- Eric Thumma, Interim VP Offshore Wind, Avangrid Renewables
- Doreen Harris, President & CEO, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (moderating)
Unlimited Team Registration Now Available
Given the momentum behind offshore wind, in addition to the critical role in economic recovery it will play, it is more important now than ever that we come together. With the 2020 AWEA Offshore WINDPOWER event going virtual, we no longer have space limitations and would like to open it up for as many members of your team to join as possible.
Members: $2,500 for unlimited company participation
Nonmembers: $3,500 for unlimited company participation