General framework of the activity
CEA Tech is the CEA’s (the French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energy Commission) technology research unit. CEA Tech’s three labs—Leti, Liten, and List—develop a broad portfolio of technologies for ICTs, energy, and healthcare. The structure leverages a unique innovation-driven culture and unrivalled expertise to develop and disseminate new technologies for industry, effectively bridging the gap between the worlds of research and business.
The mission of CEA Tech Pays de la Loire is to develop and disseminate technologies to benefit the industry by ensuring a “bridge” between the scientific world and the economic world. It provides access to the key generic technologies developed by the other CEA operational divisions.
Specific skills in the MRE field
In the Pays de la Loire region, CEA Tech has set up industrial research platforms at the TechnoCampus OCEAN in Bouguenais, that conduct R & D activities aimed at fueling innovation, notably in the field of Marine Renewable Energies. Current projects are:
- the prototyping and qualification of MRE systems under environmental conditions (SEASTORAGE project)
- RX robotic tomography inspection of industrial parts made of composite and metallic materials of large dimensions and complex geometry resulting from advanced production methods, such as blades of hydro or wind turbines (ELIXIR Platform)
- the development of tele-operated cobotic solutions for handling underwater turbine conditions, assistance in inspecting underwater structures or connecting submarine electric cables (COBOBIO project)
- the monitoring of the structural health of MRE electrical cables subjected to mechanical and electrical stresses (DIACAM project)
- the monitoring of the structural health of wind turbines for predictive and local maintenance (MONEOL project)
Test facilities applicable to MRE
Test facilities applicable to MRE are :
Products or services in MRE
The structure carries out research and development activities in the field of MRE with industrial players in the Pays de la Loire region.
Projects in MRE
The MRE projects are: