General framework of the activity
The Economic Interest Group ALBATROS have been launch thanks to the innovation center EMC2. The main objectif of the groupe was to represent the SMEs in order to integrate them in the research projets of the IRT.
The main objectives are :
- to mobilise the SMEs and SMIs,
- to define a mutualised R&D program between the members,
- to assure the participation of the members to the projects,
- to eeprésent the intrest of the SMEs-SMIs during the board of directors of the « l’IRT Jules Verne » as a foundator member,
- to contribute to the developpement of know-how,
- to mutualise the skills of the members in a collaborative way.
Specific skills in the MRE field
The GIE ALBATROS regroups SMEs about 2 axis :
- the factory of the future,
- advanced manufacturing technical
For that, it mobilises companies about :
- engineering, design and simulation, integrated to products and process,
- development of innovative process, in metallic, composite and surface coating sectors,
- smart and flexible systems in robotic and cobotics.
Projects in MRE
PROJET HOBIT (IRT Jules VERNE)
The duration of the projects was 2 years. It was supported by the Brittany and Pays de la Loire Region and the SMEs.
The SMEs which participate to the project were : Loiretech ; Méca ; Multiplast ; HydrOcean ; Europe Technologies ; Socomore ; Omega Systèmes et PEI.
The project results from industrials needs. The potential of the industrial application is an annual production of several thousant pieces. The West geographic sector benefits from high visibility and the high energy potential offered by tidal energy in France and the United Kingdom.
In this context, the SMEs of the ALBATROS GIE work together to develop an innovative LOW COST manufacturing process of a large composite blade.
The technology challenge :
- Development of tools for a mechanical and hydrodynamic modeling of marine structures,
- Development of method of plan layup in order to automate the preforming,
- Development of a low-cost innovative manufacturing process which permits to produce a high volume
- Development of innovative tools equiped with sensor and heating means,
- Study and development of a composite solution for specific blades,
- Realization of blades scale 1/7 and 1/3 to demonstrater the feasibility of production Low Cost High Volume,
- Development of a robotized solution,
- Developement of a durable and resistant coating.