This test bench is a prototype, development is in progress.
It comprises the following features:
- a transparent PVC tank for hosting the geological models, currently of dimensions 30 x 50 x 60 cm
- materials for making up the marine geological models (water, fine sand, gravels, glass beads, …, and various objects that can be embedded in the models)
- miniature multi-electrode arrays to be implemented in the models
- a programmable resistivity meter for the data acquisitions
- numerical modelling and 3D inversion tools are associated with the test facility
Example of MRE applications
This test facility can be used for simulating geoelectrical acquisition surveys dedicated to the investigation and monitoring of the seafloor subsoil.