As part of the Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN), WEAMEC held a free masterclass on Mooring and Installation on 16 & 17th September 2020.
20 Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) from 7 countries benefited from this free training course.
During two half-days, the online training provided the participants with a background knowledge in mooring systems for offshore renewable floating farms (wind, wave, tidal, solar), including extensive time for questions and quality discussions between the participants and the speakers.
After a brief introduction on the Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN) by WEAMEC, the in-depth presentations from INNOSEA, Vryhof Anchors and Centrale Nantes/SEM-REV covered all stages of a mooring system: design, manufacturing, installation, maintenance and dismantling.
The 20 attendees selected for this free masterclass on Mooring and Installation were SMEs from the international OPIN network. A wide variety of company profiles was represented: offshore renewables technology developers, project developers, engineering consultancies, components providers, maintenance operators, research centers and test site operators.
The masterclass “Mooring and Installation” was organized by WEAMEC as part of the OPIN project, financially supported by Interreg North West Europe.
- 20 participants from 7 countries (France, Ireland, UK, Netherlands, Portugal, USA, Chile).
- 3 speakers
Feedback from the attendees
- The contributors were excellent and the level of detail presented was a rare treat.
- Solid webinar, it covered introductory subjects but went in details when necessary. It was also a good opportunity to network.
- The panel of speakers and presentations were very relevant, the interaction with the speakers was promoted and after all quite easy.
- The level of detail presented was great. The format offered presenters enough time to get into the details and explore the challenges faced. Very useful, thank you.