As part of the OPIN project, WEAMEC will organise a masterclass on Mooring and Installation on 16 & 17th September 2020.
This training will provide developers, operators and technology providers with a background knowledge in mooring systems for offshore renewable floating farms (wind, wave, tidal).
The masterclass content will support the attendees to choose and design adapted mooring systems from a techno-economic standpoint, but also control the installation requirements and maintenance of these systems.
This event will be held online (Zoom) and in English.
The training will be held during two half-days, on the mornings of 16 & 17th September 2020.
16/09/20 (AM, CEST)
- 8:45-9:00 Welcome, technical tests with Zoom
- 9:00-9:30 Introduction – WEAMEC
- Participants introduction
- Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN) introduction
- 9:30-10:45 Mooring introduction, challenges and R&D (part 1/2) – Innosea
- Mooring system role / floating platform architecture
- Main components
- Design environmental conditions
- Design specifications & mooring design process (extreme and fatigue conditions, accidental situations)
- Design drivers & Offshore environnement
- Offshore oil & gas design practices and MRE specificities
- Installation overview
- Main interfaces
- Industrial examples
- 10:45-11:00 Break
- 11:00-12:15 Mooring introduction, challenges and R&D (part 2/2) – Innosea
- 12:15-12:45 Q&A
17/09/20 (AM, CEST)
- 8:45-9:00 Welcome, technical tests with Zoom, participants introduction
- 9:00-10:45 Mooring components – Vryhof
- Rules / Certification bodies
- Components of mooring lines
- Anchoring points
- Production follow-up
- 10:45-11:00 Q&A
- 11:00-11:15 Break
- 11:15-12:15 Installation – Centrale Nantes/SEM-REV
- SEM-REV Test site
- A unique feedback: FLOATGEN FOWT and IHES WEC
- Installation perspectives
- 12:15-12:30 Q&A
- 12:30-12:45 Conclusion & satisfaction survey
Registration is closed for this event.