As part of the OPIN project, a workshop will be held on 26/02/20 to discuss how ocean energy companies and the engineering supply chain can share learning.
This workshop, organized by Scottish Enterprise in partnership with Scottish Engineering, will take place in Edinburgh at Murrayfield Stadium, home of Scottish international rugby.
We’re delighted to draw on the vast experience of our innovative speakers from various sectors, who will share their learning and how it can be transferred to the challenges facing ocean energy and the engineering sector.
We’ll be hearing from Paul Sheerin at Scottish Engineering who’ll be discussing the opportunities for collaboration between the engineering and ocean energy sector, and Scottish Enterprise who’ll be discussing Ocean energy progress and challenges. This event will also explore Industry 4.0 offshore and the use of virtual and augmented reality in offshore environments.
Confirmed speakers to date include: Scottish Power Renewables who’ll be discussing future renewable energy markets and opportunities, and Subsea 7 who’ll be discussing approaches to open innovation and supply chain development.
This event will also provide you with an opportunity to find out more about the OPIN project and the support available including Technology Assessment Processes (TAPs), Collaborative Innovation Groups (CIGs), and upcoming workshops and masterclasses.
Representatives from across Scottish Enterprise (SE) will be in attendance if you wish to discuss how SE can assist your business with challenges.
As well as hearing from the speakers, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate in facilitated break-out sessions, and discuss any ideas you may have that you’d like to take forward.
There will be a lunch reception so you can network with other delegates, and a tour of Murrayfield Stadium. Please indicate when booking if this is something you would be interested in.
The interim schedule for the day is:
- 9:30 Registration, Tea and coffee and networking
- 10:00 Welcome, overview of the day, introduction to OPIN
- 10:15 Welcome from Scottish Engineering – ocean energy and the engineering supply chain
- 10:30 Industry 4.0 offshore and / or the use of virtual and augmented reality in offshore environments
- 11:00 Subsea 7 – approach to open innovation and supply chain development
- 11:30 Scottish Power Renewables – Future renewable energy markets and opportunities
- 12:00 Q&A for all speakers
- 12:20 Break – Lunch to be served, and networking
- 13:00 Ocean energy progress report, market opportunities and challenges
- 13:20 Introduction to breakout sessions
- 13:30 Breakout session – discussion of learning from presentations, generate ideas for afternoon agenda, areas to work on
- 14:15 Feedback from breakout sessions
- 14:45 Opportunities going forward
- 15:15 Wrap up and what’s happening next in OPIN
- 15:30 Close / Tour of Murrayfield Stadium for those attending.