General framework of the training offer
This continuous training is intended to players from Marine Renewable Energy market who want to improve their skills and to those who wish to develop their activity and to break into this emergent market.
This training is conceived with a double objective: to develop business markets and to increase the employability of the people who will follow these courses. The ” MRE Technical advisor “ Certificate verify the skills allowing to assure a technical support with the operational teams and to contribute to the development of their technical skills in Marine Renewable Energy.
This certificate was designed by teachers of Centrale Nantes and Nantes University within the framework of WEAMEC.
You have to follow all the modules to obtain the certificate. You can also follow only one or more modules that specifically serve your business goals.
To register, use the information form:
- Introduction: evolution of the offshore wind energy/tidal energy
- Principle of power extraction
- Components of a energy chain of offshore wind energy / tidal energy
- Technological processes (Systems with fixed speed or variable speed)
- Synchronous generators (Principles, characteristics and functioning in permanent regime)
- Asynchronous generators (Principles, characteristics and operating in permanent regime)
- Power electronics (converters AC/DC, DC/AC, Pulse width modulation)
- Associations between converters and electric machines
- Modelling of a wind or tidal system with variable speed
- Control of a conversion chain and MPPT strategies
- Electrical substation (Architectures and issues)
- Dynamic Umbilical Cables (state of the art and related research)
- Integration into the electricity grid: export cable, grid codes, energy quality and participation in system services
Specific contribution to MRE
The module “Electrical design and connection” will enable you to fully understand the conversion chain from the resource to the electricity grid and to communicate with MRE electrical exeprts.
At the end of the training you will be able to:
- to analyze the basic principle of an energy conversion chain dedicated to MRE,
- understand the technological developments of offshore wind turbines in terms of generators and control,
- understand the role of electronics power converters in the energy conversion chain,
- to know the tools of modeling and control of a set converter-machine,
- to understand the issues of the connection to the power grid (cables, grid code, network service, …).