General framework of the training offer
This continuous training is intended to players from Marine Renewable Energy market who want to improve their skills and to those who wish to develop their activity and to break into this emergent market.
This training is conceived with a double objective: to develop business markets and to increase the employability of the people who will follow these courses. The ” MRE Technical advisor “ Certificate verify the skills allowing to assure a technical support with the operational teams and to contribute to the development of their technical skills in Marine Renewable Energy.
This certificate was designed by teachers of Centrale Nantes and Nantes University within the framework of WEAMEC.
You have to follow all the modules to obtain the certificate. You can also follow only one or more modules that specifically serve your business goals.
To register, use the information form:
Module 5 – Hydrodynamics of MRE devices:
- Floating systems in their environment: Description of the typical floaters (wind turbine, wave power, OTEC) and bottom fixed systems (wind turbine, tidal energy) and environmental conditions for wave, wind and current.
- The main hypotheses of the experimental or numerical approaches in oceanic engineering: Physical effects; sea state capability for large structures and non-linar effects for low frequencies; wave drift forces for small structures, Morison approach.
- Design technologies and validation of floating systems: Main rules in design and methodology for static analysis and dynamic behaviour.
- Physical modelling and the tank tests: Description of test facilities, scale analysis and confinement effects, sensors, measurement and data exploitation, transfer functions, movements and loads.
Specific contribution to MRE
The module “Hydrodynamics of MRE devices” will allow you to specify test series to run in collaboration with the experimental team and promote efficient dialogue with the expert engineering consulting firms for the evaluation of loads on MRE technologies.
At the end of the training you will be able to:
- define the nature of the hydrodynamic loads to which are submitted the various MRE technologies,
- understand the choice of numerical models to take these loads into account,
- communicate with experts to develop a test program for the experimental validation of numerical models,
- understand the correlation between the numerical simulation of a MRE system and tests in tank.